Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summertime sadness...




 
Summer is coming to an end. I've spent a lot of summers in Rome. And being from Norway, I'm not used to the hot weather. So the last three summers I've spent home in cold Norway, where we've seen little of the so called summer. Because here it's a myth. It's pretty much Autumn all year. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I prefer cold weather over too hot any day, but not having even seen the summer, I just can't go on to Autumn, I wont. I refuse to do so. So I've ordered my ticket back to Rome yesterday. Can't wait to see the sun, city and fiends again!

 Hopefully I'll get a little "summer" break before the Roman fall kicks in, which is pretty much like the Norwegian summer anyways... (If we're lucky!The Autumn here has already began, and it's pouring down outside as I write this, but I actually read somewhere that Autumn doesn't officially start until the 22 of September, well I guess that calculation was made elsewhere... On a more positive note I'm glad to be sporting some fall fashion before heading back to Rome. And I really do appreciate the time spent with my family whom I see too rarely. Going back to my roots, which I one's fled from. My memories of life in Rome is beginning to fade away. It's time to go back. My other life is calling me. My Roman-Life. 

In two weeks time. Until then.

xxx

with lots more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...